I received the PhD's degree in Applied Math from the Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro in 1998.
I joined the Universidade de Sao Paulo in 1999, where I am currently full professor.
I lead the GIVA group (Graphics, Imaging, Visualization, and Analytics) and my
research interest includes visualization, visual analytics, machine learning, data science, and geometric computing.
Lattes CV (portuguese)
- 2021: Germain Garcia Zanabria (Spatio-Temporal Crime Pattern Analysis)
- 2020: Rodrigo Colnago Contreras (Time Series Analysis)
- 2018: Markus Diego S.S. Dias (Graph Simplification)
- 2018: Alcebiades Dal Col Jr (Graph Wavelets for Dynamic Network Visaualization)
- 2018: Paola Valdivia (Graph Wavelets for Urban Data Analysis)
- 2017: Erick Gomez-Nieto (Optimal Layout Construction) (Sibgrapi WTD Best Dissertation Award)
- 2016: Adriano Barbosa (Kernel-based Data Visualization)
- 2015: Paulo Joia (Multidimensional Data Visualization)
- 2014: Wallace Casaca (Image Processing) (CAPES Honorable Mention Dissertation Prize)
- 2011: Marcos Aurelio Batista (Image Animation)
- 2009: Mario A.S. Liziér (Meshes from textured images)
- 2008: Kemelli C. Estácio (Mesh free Hele-Shaw flow)
- 2007: Alex J. Cuadros-Vargas (Delaunay meshes from images)
- 2005: Helton Bíscaro (Surface reconstruction by discrete Morse functions)
- Associate Editor - IEEE Transaction on Visualization and Computer Graphics (2018-2021)
- Editor in Chief - SBMAC SpringerBriefs in Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences (2017-2021)
- Associate Editor - Computer Graphics Forum (2011-2014)
- President of Cegrapi - (2011-2013)
- Invited (Associate) Editor - Computer Graphics Forum (2010)
- Invited Editor - The Visual Computer (2009)
- Program Co-Chair - XXII Sibgrapi (2009)
- Program Co-Chair - SciVis short papers (2018)
- Program Co-Chair - IEEE Vis short papers (2019)
- Program Co-Chair - IEEE SciVis papers (2020)
- General Co-Chair - IEEE Visualization (2021)
- Second Place in the International Fingerprint Liveness Detection Competition 2021
- Best paper award Sibgrapi 2020
- Honorable Mention paper award Sibgrapi 2017
- Honorable Mention paper award Sibgrapi 2016
- Honorable Mention paper award Sibgrapi 2015
- Best paper award Sibgrapi 2013
- Best paper award Sibgrapi 2012
- Best paper award PacificVis 2011
- Honorable Mention IEEE Information Visualization 2011
- Erick Gomez-Nieto - Best PhD dissertation, WTD - Sibgrapi, 2017.
- Wallace Casaca - Best Dissertation, University of S\~ao Paulo, Exact and Earth Sciences, 2016.
- Wallace Casaca - Odelar Leite Linhares Ward - Brazilian Society of Computattional and Applied Mathematics, 2016.
- Wallace Casaca - Honorable Mention PhD dissertation - Capes PhD Dissertation Contest in Computer Science, 2015.
- Wallace Casaca - Best PhD dissertation - Latin America PhD dissertations Contest (CLEI CLTD), 2015.
- Paulo Joia Filho - Finalist of the Brazilian Computer Society Dissertation Contest, 2016.
- Evandro Ortigossa - Best Undergraduate Work, WUW - Sibgrapi, 2015.
- Helton H. Biscaro - Best PhD dissertation, WTD - Sibgrapi, 2005.
| Universidade de São Paulo
Instituto de Ciências Matemáticas e de Computação
Departamento de Matemática Aplicada e Estatística
Av. Trabalhador São-carlense 400
13560-970, São Carlos-SP, Brazil
Phone: +55 16 3373-9697
Email: gnonato AT icmc.usp.br