I received the PhD's degree in Applied Math from the Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro in 1998.
I joined the Universidade de Sao Paulo in 1999, where I am currently full professor.
I lead the Visual and Geometry Processing Group and my
research interest includes visualization, visual analytics, machine learning, data science, urban data science, and geometric computing. I am currently a visiting professor at the Center for Data Science - New York University, New York, USA.
Full List of Publications
Lattes CV (portuguese)
CV (English PDF)
Intro to Graph Signal Processing
- 2018: Alcebiades Dal Col Jr (Graph Wavelets for Dynamic Network Visaualization)
- 2018: Paola Valdivia (Graph Wavelets for Urban Data Analysis)
- 2017: Erick Gomez-Nieto (Optimal Layout Construction)
- 2016: Adriano Barbosa (Kernel-based Data Visualization)
- 2015: Paulo Joia (Multidimensional Data Visualization)
- 2014: Wallace Casaca (Image Processing) (CAPES Honorable Mention Dissertation Prize)
- 2011: Marcos Aurelio Batista (Image Animation)
- 2009: Mario A.S. Liziér (Meshes from textured images)
- 2008: Kemelli C. Estácio (Mesh free Hele-Shaw flow)
- 2007: Alex J. Cuadros-Vargas (Delaunay meshes from images)
- 2005: Helton Bíscaro (Surface reconstruction by discrete Morse functions)
- Associate Editor - IEEE Transaction on Visualization and Computer Graphics (2017-2019)
- Co-Editor - SBMAC SpringerBriefs in Applied Mathematics and Computational Sciences (2017-2019)
- Associate Editor - Computer Graphics Forum (2011-2014)
- President of Cegrapi - (2011-2013)
- Invited (Associate) Editor - Computer Graphics Forum (2010)
- Invited Editor - The Visual Computer (2009)
- Program Co-Chair - XXII Sibgrapi (2009)
- Program Committee: Int. Conf. on Inform. Vis. Theory and Appl.,
- Program Committee: IEEE InfoVis (2009,2010), IEEE SciVis (2016,2017), EuroVis (2013-2015), IVAPP (2010,2011,2014-2017),
- Honorable Mention paper award Sibgrapi 2017
- Honorable Mention paper award Sibgrapi 2016
- Honorable Mention paper award Sibgrapi 2015
- Best paper award Sibgrapi 2013
- Best paper award Sibgrapi 2012
- Best paper award PacificVis 2011
- Honorable Mention IEEE Information Visualization 2011
- Erick Gomez-Nieto - Best PhD dissertation, WTD - Sibgrapi, 2017.
- Wallace Casaca - Best Dissertation, University of S\~ao Paulo, Exact and Earth Sciences, 2016.
- Wallace Casaca - Odelar Leite Linhares Ward - Brazilian Society of Computattional and Applied Mathematics, 2016.
- Wallace Casaca - Honorable Mention PhD dissertation - Capes PhD Dissertation Contest in Computer Science, 2015.
- Wallace Casaca - Best PhD dissertation - Latin America PhD dissertations Contest (CLEI CLTD), 2015.
- Paulo Joia Filho - Finalist of the Brazilian Computer Society Dissertation Contest, 2016.
- Evandro Ortigossa - Best Undergraduate Work, WUW - Sibgrapi, 2015.
- Helton H. Biscaro - Best PhD dissertation, WTD - Sibgrapi, 2005.
| Universidade de São Paulo|
Instituto de Ciências Matemáticas e de Computação
Departamento de Matemática Aplicada e Estatística
Av. Trabalhador São-carlense 400
13560-970, São Carlos-SP, Brazil
Phone: +55 16 3373-9697
Email: gnonato AT icmc.usp.br
|New York University|
Center for Data Science
60 5th Avenue, 7th floor, room 700
New York, NY, 10011, USA